We are pleased to announce that the application for the 2019 Environmental Fellows Program is now open! The Environmental Fellows Program is a nationally competitive summer fellowship program for masters and doctoral students that seeks to place students traditionally underrepresented in the environmental field and those committed to the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion in summer fellowships with environmental foundations and their grantees.
Application OPEN NOW! Deadline to apply is January 31st, 2019.
The Environmental Fellows Program involves:
- A 13-week fellowship at either an environmental grantmaking foundation, or at one of their grantees. Past placement sites include: Center on Race, Poverty & the Environment; Appalachian Voices; Natural Resources Defense Council, New England Grassroots Environment Fund, the Erb Family Foundation and many more!
- A stipend of $10,000 plus a travel allowance for participating fellows.
- Participation it the Environmental Grantmakers Association Retreat.
- Fellows work on a variety of environmental issues including but not limited to: environmental health, energy justice, marine conservation, transit solutions, food justice, and more!
- Fellowship placement sites are available across the country in both major cities and at rural locations. Some of our past placements have been located in: The Greater Boston area, Chicago, New York City, San Francisco and Richmond Va.
- Fellows receive training in: diversity, equity, and inclusion; institutional culture; and professional development.
Please share this opportunity (and the attached flyer) with any graduate or doctoral students at your school or other colleges/universities who have an interest in exploring the world of environmental grantmaking/philanthropy and/or are passionate about diversity, equity, and inclusion in the environmental field.
For more information and to apply please visit https://efp.seas.umich.edu/.
If you have questions about the Environmental Fellows Program please feel free to contact M’Lis Bartlett at firstname.lastname@example.org or 734-936-0900.