To be considered, interested applicants must submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by
Position Type: Self-employed contract, year-round (pending funding), with no more than 120
hours a month
Pay: $25/hr, depending on experience
Reports to: District Education Coordinator
Position Overview: The Education Program Consultant primarily assists in coordination of
RiverXchange and Arroyo Classroom programs, in collaboration with the District Education
Coordinator. The Education Program Consultant is responsible for assisting the Education
Coordinator with planning and development of the programs, recruitment, training and
encouragement of NM and partner classes, organizing teacher training workshops, maintaining
correspondence with teachers throughout the programs, scheduling presentations and for
assisting in evaluation and reporting. The Education Program Consultant helps deliver
presentations as needed, including educational field trips and conducting Rolling River
presentations for the District.
Assist in planning and development of educational programming:
● Maintain close communication with Education Coordinator to continuously plan and
implement strategies to improve programs.
● Assist in curriculum development and evaluation for reporting purposes.
● Work with Education Coordinator to review teacher feedback and implement changes to
key components of the program.
● Recommend revisions to curriculum.
● Evaluate technology platforms and recommend revisions for student assessments.
Education and coordination support:
● Recruit, train and inspire teachers throughout the programs.
● Inform teachers of program expectations and schedule program presentations.
● Schedule and coordinate teacher development and training workshop for all
RiverXchange New Mexico classes.
● Maintain digital filing and event calendars.
● Provide encouragement and technical support, as needed, to teachers throughout the
● Review and acknowledge excellent class work.
● Demonstrate respect and encouragement to teachers and students in every interaction.
● Strive to make sure the program serves teachers’ goals and helps them meet their
● Support planning and delivery of high-quality presentations as needed for programs,
including field trips and Rolling River presentations.
● Attend team meetings as requested.
● Represent the program and District well to public officials, other agencies, and the
● Cultivate mutually beneficial relationships with local agencies for in-kind partnerships.
● Assist in program development, including efforts to expand and secure funding.
● Additional tasks as needed, responsibilities may change as program develops.
Knowledge & Skills:
● Exceptional organizational skills, including paper and digital filing systems, event
calendars, emails and reporting.
● Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and all Google office applications (Mail, Calendar,
● Ability to work well independently.
● Strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to develop relationships with
● Strong communication skills, verbal and written. Comfortable with group facilitation and
● Willingness to be flexible and collaborate well with others.
● Understanding of growth and development characteristics for K-12, knowledge of ways
to successfully affect learning.
● Bachelor’s degree (with a major or minor in at least one of the following: Environmental
Education, Biology, Life Science, Natural Resources, and/or outdoor education
● Experience working in a teaching position, including curriculum development (preferably
in youth education and in the fields of environmental education, community service
● Thorough knowledge of natural resources and ability to apply such knowledge to various
projects and programs.