We are seeking applicants for the Watershed Academy in Santa Fe for summer 2024. Please click here to see the job description! The deadline is April 1, 2024. Crew members make $16/hour and crew leaders make $20/hour.
Maintenance workers are needed: at Las Vegas, Bitter Lake and Bosque del Apache Wildlife Refuges. These positions are full time, permanent, WG 07. Job seekers can apply to or all of the locations with one application which can be found at USA Jobs at the following link:
For more info:
Educator – Hands-On Heritage Summer Program 2020
Hands-on Heritage seeks fun and engaging teachers who are passionate about the environment, history, and culture of northern New Mexico.
Hands-On Heritage is a 5 week summer learning experience for Santa Fe Public School students grades 4th-8th. The program is based at two sites (usually El Camino Real Academy and Aspen Community School) but open to students from other schools as well. The themes of the program are the environment, history, and cultures of northern New Mexico.
The program emphasizes literacy and inquiry-based environmental science, social studies, and math, all related to the themes of the summer. There are twice weekly field trips to museums, farms, parks, pueblos, and other significant natural, historical and cultural sites, and arts and crafts lessons (weaving, pottery, retablos, colcha, tin work, etc.). The program also includes a variety of physical education and fitness activities. Lessons are hands-on and project-based activities.
To learn more about the program, check out our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/HandsOnHeritageSantaFe/
The program operates during 4 weeks in July from 8am-2pm (exact times and dates TBD, possible 5th week in August). There will be one day of prep and two mandatory training days. Compensation is $30/hr depending on experience, and the program will require approximately 35 hour per week during the 5 weeks of program. Educators will collaborate with colleagues in teaching an existing curriculum, but are welcome to bring their own ideas and activities to the program as well.
● Experience teaching middle school students in a classroom or other setting
● Knowledge or education in a related focus area (ie New Mexico history,
environmental science) Preferred Qualifications:
● Bilingual in English and Spanish
● Experience in experiential education, youth development, supporting service-learning projects, facilitating team-building activities or youth leadership development
Please send a resume and cover letter stating what you would contribute to this program to Ashley Zappe, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 505.795.2933 to learn more.
For more information, check out our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/HandsOnHeritageSantaFe
Applications will be accepted until positions filled, but for best consideration please apply before Wednesday, April 8, 2020
Summer Internship at River Source in Santa Fe, New Mexico
The position is open to students grades 10-12 or in college with a strong interest in natural resource and water and watersheds. This is a paid internship with flexible work hours for approximately 60 hours of work spread over approximately 6 weeks starting in mid-June and ending in late July. We are located in Santa Fe, New Mexico and the intern must be able to provide transportation to get to the starting worksite at 2300 West Alameda in Santa Fe.
– Who can apply: 16-20 year-old students attending high school or Santa Fe Community
College, preferably in Santa Fe, New Mexico – Interns will work with River Source staff in the office and on 2-4 field days to measure
water quality, assist in restoration work to address soil erosion and water harvesting needs, and help educate Santa Fe youth about the importance of water and watersheds.
Other tasks may focus on:
• Upkeep of Watershed Watch citizen science database, including data entry.
• Helping organize equipment and storage area and calibrating equipment.
The successful applicant will receive $11-$14 per hour depending upon experience.
To apply: Please email your 3 required documents as attachments to email@example.com with “intern application Summer 2019” in the subject line.
1. Application (attached to this document) – you can write or type your response 2. Cover letter 3. Resume
Internship period: Beginning in the week of June 17 and going until July 26. The schedule will be flexible. approximately 60 hours of paid work will be spread over this time period with several days being critical for conducting specific field work tasks.
Deadline: Thursday, May 28, 2019
For any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
River Source supports people living as good stewards of their watersheds since 1997 www.riversource.net
APPLICATION FOR HIGH SCHOOL INTERNSHIP WITH RIVER SOURCE
Alteration of the formatting of this application is acceptable, however the questions must remain the same
Phone Number: Email address:
Status this school year (Junior / Senior – High School or Community College/Trade School)
1. What aspect of River Source are you most interested in? Why?
2. How might this internship impact your future?
3. What do you want to do after high school?
4. Why should we hire you for this position?
5. Do you enjoy spending time outdoors? What types of activities do you like to do?
6. Do you have any trips planned for this summer? If so, when?
7. Do you have a reliable way to get to River Source for work?
Cannot be anyone related to you.
Name Phone Email How does this person
# years he/she has known you
The Forest Stewards Youth Corps is hiring Crew Members for two crews based out of the Mountainair and Espanola U.S. Forest Service Ranger Districts. The fall Fire & Fuels program runs 12-weeks from August 19th until November 8th. We are also hiring for the Crew Leader position on the Mountainair Ranger District. Crews will complete natural resource management projects and participate in prescribed fire operations when conditions and weather permit.
To apply as a Crew Member complete the online application, which is available here and at the following link https://forms.gle/v76UYeA4cXkTxLWi7. There will be two rounds of hiring. Round one will be for applications received on or before April 28th. Round two will be for applications received on or before June 9th. Apply early to be included in the first round!!
To apply as a Crew Leader email a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to Matt Piccarello (email@example.com). Use the email subject “yourlastname_2019FSYC_leader_app.” The position is open until filled so apply early!!
ACE is hiring a Chief of Program Operations (CPO)!
This is a newly created position that will be responsible for the leadership, development and management of ACE’s Crew, Intern (EPIC) and Youth programs. The CPO will lead recruiting, hiring and supporting, a team of talented and savvy program leads, develop and support the implementation of natural resource management project opportunities, and create and successfully manage annual budgets for each program. With the leadership team, the CPO will develop an overall programmatic vision and strategy for ACE. The CPO is ultimately responsible for ensuring that ACE programs are compliant with financial, safety and legal requirements while pursuing strategic and sustainable growth.
We are looking for someone who shares our dedication in providing rewarding environmental service opportunities that harness the idealism and energy of a volunteer labor force to help restore America’s public lands. We want someone who understands partnerships and our partners.
You can find the position here:
Rocky Mountain Youth Corps is currently hiring both full-time staff and seasonal Corpsmembers. Please help us get the word out by sharing this information with your family, friends, and peers who love the outdoors!
JOB OPPORTUNITIES AT RMYC – Field Coordinator, Supervisors, Summer Corpsmembers, and more!
Mountain Kids! is seeking qualified candidates for the following positions:
1. Enthusiastic Camp Counselors for Summer 2019
- Location: Santa Fe, New Mexico – Camp meets at Patrick Smith Park prior to daily adventures in mountains
- Hours: Monday-Friday, 7:30/8 am – 4/5:30 pm, plus weekly meetings (~2 hours).
- Dates of Employment: June 3rd-August 23rd, 2019, Staff Training – May 23-25, 2019
The Sandia Ranger District, Cibola National Forest and Grasslands in Tijeras, NM is currently advertising to fill 2 permanent recreation technician positions, a GS-4-0462 and a GS-4/5-0462. Please find the link to the advertisements below. Contact District Ranger Crystal Powell with any questions at:
|505-281-3304 x5117 / firstname.lastname@example.org|
The GS-04-0462 Recreation Position as a Forestry Technician can be located at the link below and the vacancy is open until April 15, 2019.
Pay scale & grade: GS 4
Salary: $30,483 to $39,623 per year
Appointment type: Permanent
For the GS-04: Applicants must have six (6) months of general experience AND six (6) months of specialized experience that is directly related to the work of the position; OR successful completion of two (2) years of study that included at least 12 semester hours in any combination of courses such as forestry, agriculture, crop or plant science, range management or conservation, wildlife management, watershed management, soil science, natural resources (except marine fisheries and oceanography), outdoor recreation management, civil or forest engineering, or wildland fire science (no more than three (3) semester hours in mathematics is creditable); OR an appropriate combination of experience and education above high school that included at least 12 semester hours in any combination of courses described above. The education must have been obtained in an accredited business, secretarial or technical school, junior college, college or university and include courses that are related to the occupation of the position.
Term: 32 hrs/week (Monday-Thursday), 12 weeks from June-August
Experience & Competencies
● Experienced undergraduate, recent college graduate or current graduate student in urban planning, public policy or related field, with interest in advocacy, conservation, undeserved communities, social justice, civic engagement, and/or community organizing
● Demonstrated desire to learn about and work on public land issues
● Experience drafting research papers, and/or policy issue briefs/memos
● Exemplary skills in oral, written and online communication
● Exceptional interpersonal skills and able to work with people from backgrounds both similar and different to your own
● Demonstrated strong research and analysis skills; GIS a plus
● Comfort executing program outreach, event coordination and logistical support
● Comfort with ambiguity, flexibility and adapting to shifting priorities and plans
● Track record working successfully in teams representing a rich mix of talent, backgrounds, and perspectives—across race and gender.
Comfort with ambiguity, flexibility and adapting to shifting priorities and plans
● Desired – access to reliable transportation to support outreach activities
The Nuestra Tierra Outreach and Engagement Intern position is an exciting new internship that will focus on helping to create and launch The Wilderness Society’s Urban to Wild (U2W)| Nuestra Tierra Albuquerque program, a new policy and advocacy program focused on closing gaps and addressing inequities in the region’s parks and open space network and facilitating connections to nature via creative transit and policy solutions within our growing urban centers and to public lands and wilderness beyond. Ultimately, the U2W | Albuquerque program strives to:
● Create a robust and equitable network of parks, trails, and open space throughout the region by working with local parks and open-space officials as well as local federal land managers;
● Build a broad-based coalition of partners working toward common open-space priorities;
● Facilitate the strategic expansion of public transit opportunities to improve equitable access to public lands; and
● Co-power an ever-growing community of public land advocates.
Please read the full position description here, and get your cover letter and resume ready to apply!