- US-NM-Albuquerque | US-CO-Durango
- Requisition Number: 2017-10025
- # of Openings: 1
- Program: Natural Resources/Biology/Ecology
- Hire Type: Regular
- Hourly/Salary: Salary
About the opportunity
SWCA Environmental Consultants is seeking a Natural Resources Program Director for our Albuquerque and Carlsbad, NM and Durango, CO offices. The Program Director is responsible for providing leadership and management to our staff of natural resources professionals. The successful candidate will be accountable for the strategic direction of the program, financial performance, and business and client development, and will possess a proven history of developing new business, managing large-scale projects, and mentoring others to do the same.
The Program Director will manage current opportunities while participating in the development of a forward-looking plan for the program. This will include partnering with other Directors, Principals, and professional staff within and beyond New Mexico to further our goals. The successful candidate will have a depth of experience and familiarity with the natural resources and business environment of the greater Southwest Region.
Application Directions: Qualified candidates must submit a Letter of Interest along with a current resume in order to be considered for the position.
What you will accomplish
- Directly provide and lead others in providing environmental services related to the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), the Endangered Species Act (ESA), Clean Water Act (CWA), and other services.
- Directly manage and mentor staff within the Natural Resources program in our Albuquerque, Durango, and Carlsbad office locations.
- Through business and client development, aggressively diversify and expand SWCA’s client base and revenue in the areas of environmental planning, permitting, and broad-based natural resources services in one or more market sectors that have relevance to New Mexico and surrounding states – such as oil/gas exploration and pipelines; transmission, generation; transportation; habitat and watershed restoration; forestry; federal, state, and local governments.
- Be accountable for business development, the financial success of the program as a whole, and attainment of program and personal sales and productivity goals.
- Contribute to or manage natural resource consulting services and/or large environmental planning projects.
- Work collaboratively with the New Mexico and regional staff to grow the operations throughout New Mexico, Colorado, Texas and the greater Southwest.
- Ensure professional and technical excellence and quality through project staffing and QA/QC assignments.
- Promote a culture of teamwork, engagement, quality service, and customer satisfaction.
- Enhance SWCA’s professional reputation and demonstrate the ability to be creative and innovative with these tasks while representing SWCA in a professional manner.
- Work closely with other key individuals throughout SWCA to promote our business interests in adherence with the company’s mission, vision, and values.
Experience and qualifications for success
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Planning, Environmental Studies, Environmental Management, Biology, Ecology, or a field related to SWCA’s services is required.
- Experience coordinating with local, state, and federal agencies required.
- Proven expertise in federal, state, and local laws and regulations related to the management of natural resources and/or environmental planning.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in project work related to natural resources services required, with increasing levels of responsibility in management and business development, including supervising and providing leadership for other professionals required.
- Demonstrated business development success and consulting acumen, including substantial established credibility with federal and state reviewing agencies and clients, as well as success in proposal writing.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Extensive experience in New Mexico and surrounding states related to natural resources services
- A total commitment to customer service and client satisfaction is required.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned environmental firm with offices across the U.S. Our continually expanding team combines scientific expertise with in-depth knowledge of permitting and compliance protocols to achieve technically sound, cost effective solutions for a full spectrum of environmental projects. As one of the largest environmental compliance firms, SWCA ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
SWCA offers a team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries, and a competitive benefits package, including an employee stock ownership retirement plan (ESOP). If you are seeking an opportunity to work in a culture of exceptionally skilled and diverse professionals who embrace sound science and creative solutions, then SWCA may be a great fit for you!
SWCA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.