Summer Internship at River Source in Santa Fe, New Mexico
The position is open to students grades 10-12 or in college with a strong interest in natural resource and water and watersheds. This is a paid internship with flexible work hours for approximately 60 hours of work spread over approximately 6 weeks starting in mid-June and ending in late July. We are located in Santa Fe, New Mexico and the intern must be able to provide transportation to get to the starting worksite at 2300 West Alameda in Santa Fe.
– Who can apply: 16-20 year-old students attending high school or Santa Fe Community
College, preferably in Santa Fe, New Mexico – Interns will work with River Source staff in the office and on 2-4 field days to measure
water quality, assist in restoration work to address soil erosion and water harvesting needs, and help educate Santa Fe youth about the importance of water and watersheds.
Other tasks may focus on:
• Upkeep of Watershed Watch citizen science database, including data entry.
• Helping organize equipment and storage area and calibrating equipment.
The successful applicant will receive $11-$14 per hour depending upon experience.
To apply: Please email your 3 required documents as attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org with “intern application Summer 2019” in the subject line.
1. Application (attached to this document) – you can write or type your response 2. Cover letter 3. Resume
Internship period: Beginning in the week of June 17 and going until July 26. The schedule will be flexible. approximately 60 hours of paid work will be spread over this time period with several days being critical for conducting specific field work tasks.
Deadline: Thursday, May 28, 2019
For any questions, please contact email@example.com
River Source supports people living as good stewards of their watersheds since 1997 www.riversource.net
APPLICATION FOR HIGH SCHOOL INTERNSHIP WITH RIVER SOURCE
Alteration of the formatting of this application is acceptable, however the questions must remain the same
Phone Number: Email address:
Status this school year (Junior / Senior – High School or Community College/Trade School)
1. What aspect of River Source are you most interested in? Why?
2. How might this internship impact your future?
3. What do you want to do after high school?
4. Why should we hire you for this position?
5. Do you enjoy spending time outdoors? What types of activities do you like to do?
6. Do you have any trips planned for this summer? If so, when?
7. Do you have a reliable way to get to River Source for work?
Cannot be anyone related to you.
Name Phone Email How does this person
# years he/she has known you