Apply by April 1, 2019 Position Summary: The Logistics Coordinator’s primary responsibility is to logistically support crews and systems cross-program with equipment, tools, vehicles, and some project oversight and management. This position will support up to five programs based on the Navajo Nation, Hopi, Albuquerque, and Pueblos of Acoma and Zuni. Travel will be required to field-based operations and multiple offices. Evening, overnight and weekend work required on occasion. A flexible schedule is a must
• Experience with SCC or other conservation corps, professional trail and/or fire crew, chainsaw, GIS, fencing, or conservation-based program required
• Strong skill level in all or most of the following: trail construction & maintenance, chainsaw operation & maintenance, hand tool maintenance, GIS, fencing, pesticide use, running backcountry crews.
• Excellent communication, leadership, mentoring, and facilitation skills required.
• Flexibility, adaptability and capacity to work in a fluid, changing work environment.
• Strong conflict resolution and team building skills preferred, solution-oriented a must!
• Able to work independently and also to motivate others.
• Current Wilderness First Responder and 1st Aid/CPR certifications; demonstrated good judgment and problem solving in emergency situations required.
• Computer literate (MS Word, Excel, and Outlook proficient).
• Valid driver’s license and an insurable driving record.
• Proficient in computer programs, databases, other technology.
• Must be able to pass Conservation Legacy’s criminal history checks.
• Excellent organizational, managerial and problem-solving skills
• Desire to spend time in the company of youth and young adults; ability to instigate fun!
• Advanced experience in fleet management, small engine repair, and hand tool repair and maintenance
• Current Herbicide Applicator certification for Arizona, New Mexico or Utah
• Fluent speaker of Diné Bizaad
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to Chas Robles, Program Director: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline is April 1, 2019. Review of application materials will begin as soon as they are received.